Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sticky Buns

Sticky Buns Continued

Rising before being baked.
So this morning was kinda crazy. I got up around seven, despite how late I stayed up last night, and I took the sticky buns out of the fridge to set for about an hour before I baked them off. I then went back into my room, back under the covers, and layed there while I waited for my timer to go off. Back into the kitchen I went to preheat the oven and while I waited I did my hair. I figured I got up early enough. Why not? I got about half way done, went out and put the sticky buns in the oven, finished my hair and the sticky buns were getting nice and brown and caramelized. (This is the part where you drool.)
Perfect light and golden.
My hubby's buns were done first. The little pan of four were just perfect. I turned over the pan and they slid out onto the plate and were shiny, golden and beautiful. Now, I wish I could say the same for the rest. Don't get me wrong, they were still delicious. They just didn't look very appetizing. Or in the words of my husband, "Those look like bear poop!" SMH. It's true, but they tasted amazing! 
So after my crazy morning I went down to where I applied and turned in a resume. I wore my chef coat, asked for the manager, shook his hand, and I now have an interview tomorrow morning! I'm so excited! I'm not saying where or giving any details until I know whether or not I have the job but just know that I am happy and wish me luck. Now, back to the sticky buns. Here's some pictures and I'll post the recipe as it's own page. Bon ap·pé·tit !...
"Bear poop."
...So this would have been posted HOURS ago but the hubby hauled me away to go run errands. Anyways, an amazing thing happened whilst at the Fred Meyer. I found the PERFECT pair of Nikes! I don't usually get so excited over tennis shoes but they were amazing. Light, a bit squishy, wide and totally awesome colors! And guess what? My BIRTHDAY is this month! I now know exactly what I want. And then it started storming on our way to pick up dinner. I LOVE storms!!! So my day started out with sticky buns and ended with chinese and a storm. Overall a great day. Hope yours was too, and if not, there's always tomorrow. 

-Kayla♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

♥Whimsical Tie Dye Kupcakes♥

♥Whimsical Tie Dye Kupcakes♥
Made these for my little sister's Sweet 16.