Wednesday, September 25, 2013

FALL IS HERE!!!!!!

My people! How I have missed you!

I should probably fill you in on what's been going on. I got the job I was telling you about and it's at Albertsons in the bakery. I work with a lot of bread, eh, but occasionally I get to decorate cakes and that's awesome! I just started classes again so I have been pretty busy(sorry for the long absence.) I turn 21 on Monday and I'm pretty stoked for that! Haven't decided what kind of cake I want yet. How about you send in your favorite cakes and I'll see what sounds the best. (I'm a Libra so I'm very indecisive. Lol.) Let the suggestions begin!!!

So the other day I stumbled across something amazing. I had some carrots that needed to be used but I had no cream cheese, you see my dilemma? So anyways, carrot cake was out. I had been craving cake batter cookies for weeks and I thought, carrot cake cookies don't NEED frosting...hmmm....CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

So I looked up a recipe to use as my base and they seemed to all use cake mix. LAME. So I kinda used a few recipes and made them my own. I also was wanting something pumpkin-ey/spice cake-ey. So here's what I did. I made a carrot cake-like base with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and pumpkin pie spice. I then proceeded to add butterscotch chips and place little mounds of the batter on a greased cookie sheet and baked them at 350 for about 10-12 minutes. These were little mounds of joy, I tell ya. If my husband says something other than, "eh," AND comes back for a whole stack of cookies, you know they're good.

So I'm gonna hold off on posting the recipe right now and I want you to reply with something you have stumbled upon and how it turned out and/or what your favorite fall dessert is. Well, what're you waiting for? Go! Go bake and be jolly!

-Kayla♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

♥Whimsical Tie Dye Kupcakes♥

♄Whimsical Tie Dye Kupcakes♄
Made these for my little sister's Sweet 16.