Sunday, August 18, 2013

Homemade "Pop Tarts"


I finally bought this book from the Walla Walla Hastings that I've been eying for a while now. My husband and I went in to look around because they're having a going out of business sale and I spotted it on one of the racks. I ran over to it and I was explaining why I should be able to get it when I flipped to a page titled, "Homemade Toaster Tarts." My husband took the book from me and half jokingly told me I could get it but all I could make were the "Pop Tarts." I laughed and agreed just to get the book and read it with wide eyes and excitement all the way home like a child. The first thing I made from this book, however, was not the Toaster Tarts. I know, I know, shame on me. But he got his Pop tarts later on that week. The first thing I decided to make was homemade ENGLISH MUFFINS. I don't know why it never came to mind that I could make these. But this was a revelation for me and my family LOVED them. In fact, they were all gone by the following morning. A few days later I made the tarts. They were so amazing and pretty easy to make as well. I made some of them with cherry pie filling(those were grandpa's favorites), some with peach, and a few with Nutella. Oh! And one with cookie butter. If you have never heard of this amazingness you HAVE to try it. I made these again last week when my husband and I traveled to Las Vegas to visit his dad. This time I made homemade lemon curd and filled about half with that, added some blueberries to the curd with a few of them and then the rest, Nutella of course. The title to this amazing book is, "Home Baked Comfort" and it is written by Kim Laidlaw featuring recipes and stories from bakers across the country. I highly recommend this book to any level of baker out there because not only does it have recipes and stories but the author shows you how fun and easy baking can be. Which is also what I intend to do through this blog. Here is a link to the "Toaster Tarts" recipe and I hope you enjoy! http://leitesculinaria.com/80233/recipes-toaster-tarts.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

♥Whimsical Tie Dye Kupcakes♥

♄Whimsical Tie Dye Kupcakes♄
Made these for my little sister's Sweet 16.